Moving homes? Start thinking about your junk!
There is no better time to declutter and discard unwanted junk than when you are preparing for a move. As part of your move you should be going through your home and packing everything, as well as planning how you wanted to set up your new home. This will allow you to immediately see if any of your current furniture simply will not fit or work within your new home, either because of design or space limitations. If you decide to discard any of your furniture, there are many alternatives to go about it!
You can always try selling your furniture on kijiji or other buy and sell websites. Often, selling used furniture can fetch a small price depending on the quality and condition. When selling furniture make sure to figure out how you or the buyer will be picking up and moving the pieces!
Most furniture can be donated to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. In certain circumstances, however they can be somewhat selective of what they accept. They do not accept any old TVs, and certain fabric couches are sometimes more difficult to donate, so make sure to have someone either visit or visually through a picture image see the furniture before you bring it to the donation centre. Some places offer services to pick up any pieces that are being donated while others place the responsibility with you to load and deliver the furniture at your expense and effort., so be sure to keep this in mind while planning what you will be donating!
Hire a Junk Removal Company
Hiring a company to come and remove any unwanted furniture or clutter is a solid option for those seeking to save themselves some work. Most companies will come in with a truck and do all the heavy lifting for you, pulling furniture out of your house or other location. They will also often provide you with the option to allow you to donate some pieces of furniture in cases where you think your nice pieces could be used by someone else! Pieces that are not donated are often brought to a recycling yard instead of a city dump.
What we remove from our residential & commercial clients
- Renovation debris, including scrap wood and construction materials, shingles
- Yard rubbish, bagged or not bagged, sod disposal, dirt removal
- Large and small appliances (fridge, freezer, stove, dishwasher, microwave)
- Furniture removal
- Electronic waste (E-waste), satellite dishes, television and computer removal
- Hot tub removal
- Piano removal
- Deck removal
- Demolishing and removal of sheds, decks, interlocking brick, sidewalks and fences
- Removal of concrete, gravel, brick, plaster, drywall, and asphalt
- Scrap metal and tire removal and recycling, furnaces and hot water heaters
- Lawnmower removal, snow blowers, motorcycles, small engines
- If what you have is not on this list, please give us a call and we will review with you.